College Miss Majorette of America
2018 World Baton Twirling Day #FLASHBACK
From the time I started twirling when I was 9, I remember being glued to my computer screen watching all of the incredible twirlers of the past and present. It filled me with creativity, motivation, and a deep appreciation for the roots of the sport I’ve dedicated such a large part of my life to. I’ve spent hours analyzing these videos, figuring out how exactly they made that one roll work or how they timed that unique catch of a difficult trick.
These athletes have become twirling icons not only because of the hours they put in, medals they earned, and tricks named in their honor, but because of the legacy of inspiration they left for the future of baton twirling.
For #WorldBatonTwirlingDay #Flashback, I celebrated their legacy and the impact it made on my own twirling career!
We want to make the next World Baton Twirling Day even bigger and better than it was last year! Email me with comments or suggestions for the Athletes Commission and we will address them in our upcoming meeting! Thanks for celebrating with us!
Project: World Baton Twirling Day, April 10th, 2019
Goal: Make Baton Twirling Day 2019 a huge success!
Objective: Bombard Social Media on April 10th with thousands of videos from around the world that feature all of us bringing awareness to the sport of Baton Twirling and it's history through a unified plan of action.
Who Can Participate? Open To Participation regardless of skill level.
1. Learn the official routine!
2. Add an 8 to 16 count section of your own unique material inspired by your favorite twirling icon of the past to show the world how you twirl!
3. Play the official music and practice your full routine a few times!
4. Get the cameras rolling and take a video starring you and all of your friends!
5. Make your video and own it! Make a mistake? Bloopers are part of the fun!
6. Take Action and Post Your video anytime on April 10th, 2019 and use the hashtag: #WorldBatonTwirlingDay!
7. On April 10th: Prepare to be amazed! Watch all over social media and see the world of baton twirling come together! Share each other's posts and spread the word!
We have so much in common with more people than we think! Now, we are working to increase that number and grow our baton families! This is just one step that the WBTF Athletes' Commission is taking to change the future of twirling!
To leaders and participants: I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Volunteer time is often squeezed in and amongst our hectic lives. The little details add up and I hope this experience is made fun, memorable, and worthwhile.
When passion is the input, then success will be the output.
Learn the 2018 routine!
2017 World Baton Twirling Day
Thank you all so much for celebrating the FIRST-EVER #WorldBatonTwirlingDay with me! It was such a wonderful expression of all of the passion out there for this beautiful sport and I am grateful beyond words to have been a part of it all. Seeing so much twirling in my feeds left me with a smile on my face all day long! I look forward with a full heart to celebrating many more World Baton Twirling Days to come!